About Cha Cha
Cha Cha is a stellar girl with a rock solid temperament with people big AND small (YES she loves kids!!)… so we just can’t understand why she has been with us for over a year. So yeah, she is reactive with dogs (read on), and can’t be homed with cats- why is this a big deal? A dog free/cat free home has got to be out there, waiting for the perfect addition. She is the most loving and devoted dog to her humans. Her foster mom has worked hard with her and she has come along leaps and bounds since first arriving to BIN. She even adores her foster doggy-brother now. Yeah, you read that right. Cha Cha’s foster mom has been able to slowly have her accept other dogs in her life. Her leash walking skills, crating and manners have improved greatly. Think of her as a new improved bully who’s had continual training and a solid routine for the past year- at no extra cost to you. Talk about a sweet deal. She’s a natural athlete and would excel doing some sort of mentally & physically challenging sport like agility or fly ball. This would keep her mind focused on the job, and as the saying goes- A tired dog is a happy dog!
- Humans! Every kind big and small. I get sooo excited and my tail wags so much that foster mom thinks it resembles a propeller and I may actually fly away!
- Couch cuddles & movie nights. I sneak up and like to wedge myself in between 2 humans for all the snuggly belly rubs. Can you say Netflix & Chill? I’m currently binge-watching Breaking Bad, but we can start over at season 1 if you want.. As long as we’re together.
- Dancing. Seriously… I will be your best dancing partner 😉 I have the Footloose routine down pretty well now.
- Play time. I love toys and foster mom says I am a riot to play with. Fetch, tug, ball, tossing sticks, flirt poles- you name it I like it! My new favourite activity is swimming. I’m a natural and would give Michael Phelps a run for his money.
I do not like:
- I have a high prey drive and your cat or small pet would not appreciate me living with them. Although it would be fun for me! On walks if I see a small animal you will see my drive come out, but you can redirect my attention and we can be on our way. It’s manageable okay? Satisfy my drive with some flirt pole work! It will be fun for both of us 🙂
- I’m reactive to meeting new dogs. Doesn’t matter the kind or size, I’m not good to socialize. So before you move on now, please consider I was very reactive to my foster brother immediately, as well as other dogs in the neighbourhood. Now we are joined at the hip, and I don’t mind seeing other dogs out on walks that I am already familiar with. But foster mom put a lot of work into getting this far.. I’m just saying it can be done in the right hands.
My mad skills:
- My loyalty and love to my humans is above anything else. I just want to please and make you happy. This makes me very trainable and easy to work with.
- My listening skills are excellent. I’m a one-time command girl. You ask it, I got it. No need to repeat. This can be a little bit of a challenge if there is a small animal around though…. My eyes are on the prize then. Just redirect me. Now we’re getting it..
- I walk quite well on a leash. My athleticism would make me a great jogging partner.
I’m looking for:
I know someone or some family is out there that is the perfect match. I have so many wonderful things to offer, after all. I have been waiting very patiently. I would of course prefer a home without another dog, but if you’re savvy enough and will commit the time to slowly introduce me to a new dog, this may work. You need to know it will take time, patience and management until I’m cool with them. Sorry we won’t be able to do dog parks though- that’s too much for me. If you’re a one dog only type household then I am certainly your girl. Right now, let’s do this! I would love to find someone who will bring out my inner athlete. We could be workout buddies! I wouldn’t even let you forget leg day, I am THAT devoted to you. A home with kids would be the cherry on top. They would always have someone to play ball with, jump off a dock with or snuggle them on the couch. I’m really an awesome girl (at least that’s what I am constantly told), so maybe soon my awesomeness will be noticed? I promise you’ll fall in love and be doing the CHA CHA alongside me for life 🙂